Bring steakhouse quality right to your backyard with this garlicky and herbaceous steak guaranteed to produce a juicy, tender, and flavorful tri-tip! This recipe is sure to wow the truly steak-obsessed as the aromatic herbs, umami filled black garlic, and tangy Dark Balsamic marry to create an explosion of flavor in your mouth. Finishing your steak right off the grill with our compound butter is the cherry-on-top that will make you want to lick your plate clean!
For the Steak:
- 2lbs Tri-Tip Steak
- 4-6 Tbsp Compound Butter, for serving
For the Compound Butter:
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
- In a large bowl or Ziploc bag combine steak with olive oil, vinegar, dipper, and sea salt. Let marinate at least 1 hour and up to 12 hours in the fridge.
- In a medium mixing bowl blend the ingredients for the compound butter together until well combined. Using a piece of plastic wrap, secure butter inside plastic wrap then shape butter into a log. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- If steak has been in the fridge, let it come to room temperature for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Heat grill to 400 F, place steak on grill and cook 6-7 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Take steak off the grill and place 1 Tbsp of compound butter per 6-8 oz of steak. Let rest 10 minutes per 1 inch thickness.