Take your favorite gooey sandwich to the next level with this recipe! Savory rosemary and sweet-tart cranberry sauce melds perfectly with creamy cheeses and smoked speck for the ultimate grilled cheese.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
For the Orange Cranberry Sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 slices Artisanal Bread
- 2 Tbsp Orange Cranberry Sauce
- 2-3 Slices Gruyere Cheese
- 2-3 Slices White Cheddar Cheese
- 2-3 Slices Fontina Cheese
- 4 Slices Speck (an Italian cured meat, similar to ham)
- 1/4 Cup Mixed Greens
- In a saucepan combine all ingredients except sea salt. Cook for 15 minutes over medium heat
- Use a potato masher to break apart cranberries as they cook down. The sauce is done when the juices have evaporated and the sauce has thickened.
- Finish with sea salt before serving.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Build the sandwich by spooning the cranberry sauce on one side. Add the cheese and speck. Close with a second piece of bread and drizzle with Wild Rosemary Olive Oil.
- Grill the sandwich until the cheese has melted and the bread has turned golden, flipping halfway.
- Finish the sandwich with mixed greens and serve immediately.